Tuesday, August 15, 2006

reunited and it feels so good

That's a cheesy song. And I'm pretty sure it refers to a romantic relationship. My recent reunions have been much more innocent - the fraternal sort. (Brothers, for those of you who don't get it.) First of all, my brother Chad finished his "walk" and is now almost immediately accessible by cell-phone. That's comforting. We got to talk today and it's nice to hear about his new little niece, Avery. A couple of other reunions are feeling nice to experience as well. This crazy thing called MySpace (all the cool kids are doing it) has put me back in touch with two cool kats from Shenandoah University, Justin and Brad. Who knows why we haven't talked since I left school all those years ago? We were (I think anyway) pretty darn close- sharing many a laugh, usually at something crazy Justin was doing. These boys were instrumental in encouraging my faith and desire to learn more about God's word- we were in a couple of cool Bible studies and went to church together (when we could get a ride). Once we fit 8 people in our friend Doug's LITTLE Dodge Omni so we could all go to church together. Good times. Anyway, it's nice to find out what these kids are up to (one married, one engaged) and get back in touch with people who meant something to you. I highly recommend it- you don't have to use MySpace, but it sure makes it convenient and quick. And I'm all for that.

No comments: