I'm one of those sad, sad people who often promise things and either take forever to deliver, or don't deliver at all. It's my greatest shame. For example, I often buy the birthday cards, but forget or put off sending them until it's too late. Or also, this blog: I've promised regular Chad A/T updates, and Henry's birthday party pictures. Now, there's absolutely NOTHING stopping me from a Chad update, so here goes: He's fine, he's back in Damascus, VA for a few days respite, hanging out with a bunch of other smelly people during the annual "Trail Days" event. He's made it all the way to Harper's Ferry, WV, almost 1/2 way done! It's pretty amazing, really, to get a phone call from him. I am always left happier after I hear his voice- more assured that he hasn't been mauled by a mountain lion (even though he IS a kind warrior - a special little joke for you, Chad). Now, about the birthday party pictures: well, this takes a bit more effort. For the most part I take pictures the old fashioned way... on tintypes... no really I get prints in my hand, not digital. That means I either have to pay an extra $5 a roll to get a picture CD, or I can scan them in at work, then crop them (trust me, if you knew what was in the background of our latest adorable pictures of Henry taken at Fort DeSoto on Mother's Day, you'd be thanking whoever developed PhotoShop), and finally upload them to my blog for you all to see. So, other than laziness, there's really nothing stopping me from doing that. I didn't say it was a GOOD reason! So please, accept my apology for all the times I've failed to follow through in the past, and I'm going to try to do better. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
If you get to it, you get to it. But I'm sure we'll all be happy to see the pictures when/if you do!
i'm glad chad is still hiking. hopefully he's enjoying this trail days hiking party.
can't wait to see more pics of henry!
Post a Comment