Tuesday, December 14, 2010

oh, henry.

I generally think both my children are pretty dang fantastic.  Today Henry did two things that just blew Timon and me away completely. 

He and Maria were fighting over a book and Timon came in and told them that they needed to share, and then said, “Geez, I’m gonna cut the book in half if you can’t share.”  Henry piped up and said “Just like the wise King Solomon did!” and then proceeded to tell us the entire story, using the exact words, from 1 Kings Chapter 3 of the two women that each claimed the baby as her own and Solomon decided to determine which was the real mother by threatening to cut the baby in half.  (If you aren’t familiar with this story, it’s a doozy.  It’s one of those things that makes the Bible so hard for some people to believe.)  We asked him if he learned that in Sunday School and he said no, he had read it in his Bible.  Well, then. 

Later, as I was enjoying a Christmas party with the women’s group from church, Timon asked the kids to wash their hands for dinner.  Apparently there was some mischief in the bathroom, resulting in Maria falling from the stool by the sink and getting a black eye along with a fairly serious cut on her chin.  As Timon was attending to Maria, Henry was very emotional and kept repeating, “That’s my sister!  I don’t want her hurt! That’s my sister!”  *sob* 

That’s why the picture below means so much to me.  That’s why it was worth every single miserable second waiting to conceive Maria.  That’s yet another reason why my heart aches for Amy and her parents.  I love you, Peter and Greta and Katherine and Phil and Amy B. and Courtney and Lee.

DSC_0290

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great picture...and you were likened to a King? Awesome!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh, that Henry is so sweet.

Amy said...

<3

Katherine said...

Cute stories! Thanks for sharing them :) And thanks for the shout out - you're pretty all right, too!

Barb said...

Sweeeet